Thursday, 5 February 2009

My electric bike and electricbikes.ie


I recently had a meeting with Gerry and Ronan in Dublin to
discuss their plans for the web site electricbikes.ie. On a
freezing January morning we talked about what is for me,
essentialy a fair weather activity but I had just agreed to
write this blog about my soon to arrive electric bike.

A few weeks later and we are in the grip of the worst
winter for 20 years here on the south coast of England
and I can't wait to get out on the bike!

So the purpose of myelectricbike.blogspot is to share my
experiences in dealing with electricbikes.ie and riding one
of their bikes. Due to the increasing number of enquiries,
Gerry is looking at exporting Kenbay electric bikes from
Ireland and we need to work out the logistics.

In the vast majority of cases Kenbay sell a range of electric
bikes through dealers in Ireland who set the cycles up for
their customers. More and more people want to buy direct
from Kenbay so my experience with getting the "bike out
the box" should be fun, interesting and hopefully something
we can learn from.

If you want to write a comment or ask a question please
do so, it would be good to hear from other electric bike
riders as well.

5 comments:

  1. So that is what you were going on about at the weekend.

    Looks just like an ordinary bike to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will cycle down and show you Greg when it arrives. That one we saw in town yesterday looked like a bike with a bolt on motor, almost like a 1970s moped. My elctric bike looks exactly like an ordinary mountain bike......... but cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any further details then?

    So the purpose of myelectricbike.blogspot is to share my experiences in dealing with electricbikes.ie and riding one
    of their bikes....

    Any further details then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Anon but no further details right now. Any time I try to get something sorted that annoying thing called "work" gets in the way and takes me out of the UK!!
    I know I should not complain but it is really frustrating and of course "sod's law" dictates when I get the time the weather will be awful etc etc.
    Have you had a look at the new electricbikes.ie site?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had an electric bike (Lafree make) for about eight years and as we live a couple of miles from the nearest town we have got fantastic use out of it, and my hubby frequently used it to go to work 3 miles away. You have to pedal but it gives assistance on the hills, etc. Takes all the hard work out of cycling but you still enjoy the countryside as well as being very efficient and fast. Unfortunately the battery has given up and it has been out of use for about two years. We are interested in buying another but will make sure that replacement batteries/tyres etc. are easily available. As we live in Ireland we were delighted to find KenBay so we may consider purchasing one in the near future.

    ReplyDelete